Did you know that 63% of podcast listeners convert to customers?
Does anything else in your business convert that well? (If so, close this website immediately, write a book about it and retire on the beach.) 😉
Wouldn’t it be great to have a marketing channel that consistently built your brand and grew your business, and that you didn’t have to dread doing?
Obviously, I think the answer is podcasting. It’s fun and unique in it’s ability to convert customers.
Here are a few more pretty amazing stats:
- Only 6% of all marketers are using podcasting as a form of content, but 1 in 5 Americans prioritize listening to a podcast in their busy schedules.
- 88% of podcast subscribers listen to every episode.
- Audio content is still 150x less crowded than written content.
The reality is, in 2018, podcasting is one of the best ways to market your product or service business.
While this is true of just about any kind of business, big or small, it’s especially true if you’re an entrepreneur or solo founder running an online business.
But, despite it’s effectiveness, it can sometimes be overwhelming. As a fellow business owner, I know there are a million other things you have to do. How can you possibly add something else to that list?
Plus, just buying a mic and hoping people show up isn’t going to cut it (Kevin Costner excluded)…
So, what would it take for you to launch a podcast that grows your audience and turns average listeners into dedicated customers who come back again and again?
That’s what I’m here to help you figure out. Specifically, I help busy entrepreneurs and solo founders (like you) take the guesswork out of launching and growing podcasts that convert.
I know there’s a lot of snake oil and empty promises out there. After all, this is the internet…
Also, I know because I’ve signed up for my fair share of “silver bullets” and been disappointed.
But then I discovered something…
There were three elements that, when present, made running my business a truly enjoyable experience.
I found that I was the happiest when:
- My business was growing.
- I was truly helping people.
- I was able to work on my business and not be so overwhelmed working in it.
I’m sure, like me, you’ve experience one, or even two, of these elements at a time. But when all three are present, it changes everything.
So, how do we do this and what does it have to do with podcasting?
Stop spinning your wheels
- Focus on helping your customers succeed. It seems obvious, but so many people (including me) are driven more by fear and a need for approval than by their customer’s best interests.
- Create margin in your business. If your goal is to help your customers succeed, you have to create the margin to do deep creative and strategic work. For me, this meant focusing on the best marketing strategies (podcasting among them) and not just the trendy ones.
- Get into a community of like-minded folks. Helping my customers succeed and creating the margin to do so took time and effort. No overnight success or bullshit tactics. (Rapid Listbuilding for Accelerated Hypergrowth, anyone?)
And there was no way I could have done any of it alone. I got help. Overwhelm and burnout are real things. And being part of a community of like-minded folks is a huge factor in overcoming them.
So, yes, it takes work. But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. And you certainly don’t have to do it alone.
If you want some “Accelerated Hypergrowth”, whatever that even means, you probably won’t enjoy this community very much.
But, if you want to grow your audience and business in a way that makes you money, spares your sanity, and lets you sleep at night, welcome to the family. 😉